Our response to the COVID-19 Pandemic is constantly evolving, based on current guidance from government, health authorities, and professional organizations. The health and safety of my clients are my top priorities. I cannot guarantee safety, and there is risk involved for any in-person appointment at this time. We are taking reasonable precautions to control that risk.
I have the infrastructure and capacity for telehealth services, which I can discuss with you. Telehealth is not available for some testing activities. This is a characteristic of the procedure or instrument, and it is not an effect of clinic resources.
Here is a sample of Dr. Nomura’s safety precautions in effect 5/11/2020:
- Use of waiting room is being limited and clients are asked to wait in their cars.
- I am not scheduling more than 4 clients per day.
- I wear a mask when in common areas, close to clients, and when feasible.
- Clients must wear masks in all common areas.
- My staff maintains safe distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained by the building staff, and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the office. There is also a sink where you can wash your hands.
- I schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- I ask all patients to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- I use disinfectant on frequently contacted surfaces related to my services after each client. This includes doorknobs, wooden table arms, testing desks, the payment counter, and the arrival notification switches.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are cleaned at the end of each day.
A copy of the current client safety agreement can be found here.