Dr. Nomura offers comprehensive Autism Evaluations in Cypress, Texas for children and adolescents. This type of testing is useful in the assessment of all Autism Spectrum Disorders, including Asperger’s Disorder and Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS).
Dr. Nomura has special training in the assessment of these complex conditions. He is an expert in Applied Behavior Analysis, and he is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst – Doctoral level. He is a Licensed Psychologist, specializing in children and adolescents. Dr. Nomura is certified in the administration of the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule 2 (ADOS2), and he uses other respected instruments in his assessments, including: Childhood Autism Rating Scale – Second Edition (CARS2), Autism Spectrum Rating Scales, Gilliam Scales, Autism Diagnostic Interview, and the Woodcock Johnson IV. Tests are selected to ensure that the evaluation will be thorough and reliable, but also affordable. Dr. Nomura can discuss the planned tests with you, and he will spend time with you explaining the results and how they can be used to help your child.
Dr. Nomura has broad experience with educational systems, and he understands how to make recommendations to support your child’s happiness and success at school. He is a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology, a Nationally Certified School Psychologist, and has worked with school districts for over 10 years.
Dr. Nomura carefully considers all possible causes of your child’s difficulties (differential diagnosis). Some health care providers may diagnose mental disorders or psychological difficulties by interviewing parents or observing the child for a while in the office. Diagnoses provided from such procedures are not always reliable, as research has shown. There is considerable controversy regarding Autism Spectrum Disorders. Dr. Nomura maintains knowledge of new and emerging research trends so that his objective, comprehensive evaluations always provide the most reliable and scientific conclusions.
Dr. Nomura’s reports are exceptionally thorough, and include:
- A summary section that explains the scores and provides clear reasons for specific diagnoses (diagnostic rationale).
- Recommendations for proven (research supported) strategies and treatments for identified problems.
- Recommendations for educational accommodations and strategies.
- Eligibility considerations for school services.
- A list of each client’s unique strengths and areas to target for change.
- A description of all tests administered and a discussion of the findings.
- A list of any appropriate diagnoses (axial diagnoses)
- An appendix with a complete presentation of all scores from all tests given.
Parents in Cypress, Texas have many options for providers when considering psychological testing. Dr. Nomura is an excellent choice for parents who want to be certain that they are getting the best, most reliable testing available.
- Dr. Nomura is a Licensed Psychologist and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Dr. Nomura specializes in working with children and adolescents. He is a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology and a Nationally Certified School Psychologist. He can make recommendations to increase success at school.
- Area schools have depended on Dr. Nomura’s expertise for assessments, training interns, training post-doctoral students, leading assessment groups, and providing expert consultation.
- Dr. Nomura’s broad experience (clinical, school, residential)
- Dr. Nomura’s experience in the schools has given him the opportunity to follow children over long periods of time. This has given him the opportunity to re-test children and compare his impressions and diagnoses to colleagues. Such peer scrutiny is a testament to the accuracy of his testing.
- Dr. Nomura’s role as a trainer and assessment group leader requires him to judge the adequacy of many other psychologists’ evaluations. He understands what is necessary to ensure a thorough assessment and reliable diagnosis.
If you believe that your child may have characteristics of Autism, or your child is having difficulties with behaviors, emotions, or relationships, please call us today for a free consultation.
Dr. Nomura provides autism evaluations, psychological assessment, and other autism testing in to families in Cypress, Texas.
This article is not intended to be medical or psychological advice.